Are you ready for the NEW
Relay 4 Community Health?
JUNE 30, 2019
Join us on Sunday, June 30, 2019, 5 – 7 PM at Albemarle High school for the Relay 4 Community Health! This partnership between the United Way and the Piedmont Family YMCA promotes community health and healthy lifestyles, raises funds for the prevention of chronic diseases like type II diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and more.
Runners and walkers of all abilities, age 8+, will come together to form teams from family, businesses, clubs, neighborhoods, friends, or other groups. Each runner completes a ½ mile leg then passes the baton to a teammate. Each walker completes a ¼ mile leg and passes the baton. You can do it—but not alone!
Help relay our message that when we work together, we can make our whole community healthier. The Relay will encourage and support families and friends to engage in healthy lifestyles together. There will be a post-Relay celebration with food trucks, music, prizes, and fun kid activities. All participants who complete a leg of the Relay will receive a free one-week membership to the Piedmont Family YMCA!
INFORMATION & RULES
- Running relay is 2 miles on a track; each team member runs ½ mile (2 laps). Walking relay is 1 mile on track; each team member walks ¼ mile (1 lap).
- Runners and walkers must register as a member of a team of 4.
- $120 per team of 4, or $30 per team member.
- Teams of 4 may be comprised of any mix of age (8+*) and gender.
- The Relay has 4 race divisions: Family/Friends, Business/Organization, Walking, and Competitive.
- A runner may participate in multiple divisions and teams, but each participation counts as a separate entry ($30/entry).
- A runner may not compete as part of different teams within the same division.
*any runner needs to be able to complete 2 laps running
If you wish to sponsor our event, click here.
If you cannot attend and still wish to donate, click here.
Online registration for the Relay 4 Community Health is now closed. We’ll see you at the event!