To Donate By Mail
Please send a check made payable to:
United Way of Greater Charlottesville
200 Garrett Street
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Tax ID #54-0505882
To make a gift via wire transfer, please call us at (434) 972-1701.
EXPLORE MORE WAYS TO GIVE
The United Way of Greater Charlottesville acknowledges those who have furthered our more than 75-year legacy through planned gifts such as our first building and the establishment of our endowment. At any age planning for the future reflects committed leadership from those who collectively bring about a better tomorrow.
For more information about giving to United Way contact Caroline Emerson, VP of Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org
STOCK GIFTS AND SECURITIES
Please make stock and securities gifts using the following information:
Brokerage Firm: Wells Fargo Advisors
Formerly Wachovia Securities, LLC
Formerly A.G. Edwards
100 East South Street
Charlottesville, VA. 22902
One North Jefferson
St. Louis, MO. 63103
BROKER: James Neligan
Delivery Instructions: DTC # 0141
Wells Fargo account # 6242-4378
FBO (United Way of Greater Charlottesville)
CORPORATE AND WORKPLACE GIVING
The tradition of community support through workplace giving, event sponsorship and corporate gifts have been the lifeblood of the United Way-Thomas Jefferson Area for more than 75 years. Through corporate and foundation participation you can give staff members the chance to make a considerable impact.
When you offer employee benefits that are tied to giving you can:
- Create a culture of generosity
- Engage employees
- Communicate your core values to your staff
- Shed a positive light on your brand.
At United Way of Greater Charlottesville workplace and corporate gifts can include the following opportunities:
Become a Corporate Partner with United Way of Greater Charlottesville which includes additional exposure for your company as a leader in our efforts to uphold, build and sustain our community!
Establish Workplace Giving through automatic payroll deductions makes it easy to give to a cause you care about. Let us help you increase job satisfaction, establish employee pride and elevate your brand.
Provide an Employer Match Program to maximize the positive impact of your organization’s commitment to our the local community.
Sponsor Events with United Way of Greater Charlottesville to get double the exposure with event advertising and promotions for popular and well-attended community activities.
Volunteer with our annual Day of Caring by committing to a single day of service for our community and a fun day of camaraderie for your employees!
OUR GIVING CIRCLES
We understand that people support organizations when they can see the direct results of their contributions.
That’s in part why we have such concrete goals for ENVISION: 1,800 families over the next 5 years. Poverty metrics adjusted for our community. A focus on Black families informed by local data.
Gifts to United Way of Greater Charlottesville directly support interventions that reduce the burden of poverty on families and empower our clients to scale economically. Through coordinated service delivery and regional partnerships, we are together creating systems-level change.
The Envision Giving Circles inspire philanthropy by individuals who are driven by purpose and impact.
COMMUNITY CIRCLE ($1,000 - $2,499)
Support critical infrastructure for service providers.
Our introductory giving circle recognizes donors who have made a significant commitment to reducing poverty in our community.
- A gift of $1,000 provides one year’s worth of supplies for an early education center. These resources help create high-quality interactions between teacher and child that support brain development and school readiness.
- A gift of $2,000 provides an early education center with the tech resources to increase administrative capacity, modernize student assessment and tracking tools, and allow parents to access their child’s records through United Way’s Coordinated Enrollment program.
IMPACT CIRCLE ($2,500 - $4,999)
Invest directly in client families.
Investing in ENVISION means directly supporting client families and providing resources necessary to fund their participation in United Way programs that help adults and children meet financial resiliency and school readiness goals.
- A gift of $2,500 provides the funding necessary for one family’s participation in the Family Investment Program for six months. The FIP supports families with personalized work plans and counseling to achieve and maintain financial stability.
- A gift of $5,000 provides the funding necessary for one family’s participation in the Family Investment Program for a full calendar year.
CHANGEMAKER CIRCLE ($5,000 - $9,999)
Facilitate participation in multiple target programs.
Addressing client needs holistically often means a family will enroll in multiple ENVISION programs. Donors who make up our Changemaker Circle provide critical funding that enables that multi-faceted approach.
- A gift of $7,500 provides one market-rate auto loan to a family in need of reliable transportation to and from work, childcare, and medical appointments through our Driving Lives Forward program.
- A gift of $8,500 provides access to quality, stable early education for one preschool-aged child through our Early Learners Scholarship program, promoting school readiness and enabling family members to maintain employment.
ENVISION CIRCLE ($10,000+)
Fund holistic, long-term interventions.
Purpose-driven philanthropy has the capacity to change lives. Our Envision Circle recognizes those who have funded multi-year participation in target programs for ENVISION client families.
- A gift of $10,000 enables one family’s participation in the Family Investment Program for 2 to 3 years, where they will reduce debt, raise household income and investments, and reach financial independence.
- A gift of $11,000 provides access to quality, stable childcare for one infant or toddler, supporting brain development in critical years of a child’s life while supporting their family’s ability maintain employment.
THANK YOU TO OUR DONORS
Suzanne J. and Robert L. Brooks
Fallica Charitable Lead Annuity Trust
C & Alma Hall Charitable Trust
Miette and George Michie
Wilma and Newton Thomas
Train Family Fund
Michele and Wade Tremblay
Nancy and David Bogdonoff
Liza and Pete Borches
Suzanne and Rob Brooks
Mr. and Mrs. John Casteen III
Didi and Peter Chapin
Mary and Mike Chinn
Carol F. and Stephen M. Clarke
Gail L. and David R. Clelland
Deborah and George Conway
Susan and David L. Dallas Jr.
William L. Dalton
Margery and Thomas M. Daniel
Polly and David Deck
Mary Anna and Mike Dunn
Mr. and Mrs. Donald Flow
Dorothy K. and Barry Fontaine
Pat and Bob Foster
The MLG Foundation
Claudette Grant and Juandiego Wade
Pat and Leroy Hamlett
Mr. and Mrs. Peter M. Harbilas
Ann and Greg Harris
Heiner Family Fund
Judith and J. Michael Jaeger
Pam and Jay Jessup
Laurie and Blair Kelly
Pattye H. Leggett
Amanda and Joel Litchfield
Valerie and Don Long
Sarah and Grey McLean
Mr. and Mrs. Richard L. Nunley
John G. Nunley
Susan McLeod Prindle
Sue and Reuben Rainey
Sarah and Michael Rettig
Grace D. Riggs*
Dudley and Lois Rochester
Rotgin Family Fund in CACF
Standish Family Foundation Fund in CACF
Susan D.W. Sargeant
Caroline N. and Jim Satira
Carolyn and Kevin Schuyler
Mr. and Mrs. William W. Sihler
Jane-Ashley and Peter Skinner
Hunter Smith Family Foundation
Teresa A. Sullivan and Douglas Laycock
Cynthia K. Davis and Don Swofford
Jane and Bryan E. Thomas
Cathy S. and Monroe K. Train
Michele and Wade Tremblay
The David S. Walker, Jr. Foundation, Bank of America, N.A., Trustee
Nancy and John Young
Wendy Zomparelli and Richard Handler
The United Way of Greater Charlottesville will not sell, trade, or share a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. For gifts to the United Way that are designated to other organizations, donor names and contact information will only be shared with the designated organization(s) with the permission of the donor.