SANTA FUND COVID ASSISTANCE PROGRAMThis extension of the SantaFund for Schoolkids program addresses extraordinary circumstances associated with the COVID pandemic
SANTA FUND COVID ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
We have been providing COVID assistance and recovery funding since March and have focused on promoting equity in access to our relief efforts. Many of the families already struggling with disparities have suffered an even greater impact during COVID. Therefore, we are expanding the current Santa fund by creating a separate process that will streamline approvals of requests. In addition, we have asked for more information than usual to allow us to gauge our efforts to address equity.
Interested in participating as a Santa Fund retailer? Contact us!
For more information, contact Anna Porter, 434.972.1715.
What is the program?
- Santa Fund COVID Assistance through The United Way of Greater Charlottesville
What can the funds be used for?
Submissions can include, but are not limited to:
- Helping a family pay an internet bill that is keeping them for being able to access online learning
- Hotspots or boosters (as long as adequate download/upload speeds are met, particularly if there are multiple users in a household are involved)
- Fees for Virtual Learning Centers in the community
- Physical materials teachers have identified children will need to complete their assignments (headphones, timers, headsets, whiteboards, school materials, etc.)
Who is eligible for assistance?
- Any student, PreK- Grade 12, who is eligible for free or reduced lunch
Who can make a request for a student?
- Santa Fund administrators, school administrators, teachers, guidance counselors, and social workers can make a request for a student. They will need to know the name of the Santa Fund Administrator for the county in order to make the request.
How do I make a request for a student?
- A request for assistance will require approval from The United Way of Greater Charlottesville and will be made online using the Google Form.
- Please note, you must upload an invoice or bill into the Google Form.
- Requests are processed weekly on Tuesdays based on submissions to the Google Form.
Who can I contact if I have questions or need clarification?
- The following United Way staff may be contacted in the event of questions or problem with the online form – Meredith Locascio, firstname.lastname@example.org. Laura Faye Groff, email@example.com.
Is this the same program as Santa Fund for Schoolkids?
- Santa Fund COVID Assistance is an extension on Santa Fund for Schoolkids. Anna Porter, firstname.lastname@example.org, will remain the contact person for questions related to the traditional Santa Fund process/vouchers.
The United Way of Greater Charlottesville thanks you for the opportunity to continue our mission to serve families through our School Readiness and Financial Stability impact areas.