Ways To Give Back
Our Volunteer Center can create customized volunteer opportunities for individuals, families, companies, and other groups, and we are happy to guide you on your volunteer journey. Contact us directly, or visit our CvilleVolunteer.org site, which lists ongoing, one-time, and emergency volunteer needs, and allows you to register your areas of interest to help you find the opportunity that’s right for you.
Our Giving Society includes 6 donor levels named to inspire our community by evoking a sense of pride in our history and recognition of the good works performed by generations past. Join our efforts with your financial gift today! We accept gifts in a variety of ways including the following:
- Mail checks to:
806 E. High St.
Charlottesville, VA 22902
- Stocks and Securities
- Employer matched gifts
- Wills, estates, trusts made as a planned gift
- Automatic payroll deduction through your employer
- Online gifts: UnitedWayCville.org
- On the go? Text to give! Text “UWCVILLE” to 41444
For over 75 years, the United Way of Greater Charlottesville has convened people, companies, the University, foundations, social services, schools, and other organizations to work together to strengthen our community. There are many ways to get involved, including:
- Serve on a committee or board.
- Provide an Employer Matching Program to maximize the positive impact of your organization’s commitment to our community.
- Be a Sponsor of United Way events to get double the exposure with event advertising and promotions for popular and well-attended community activities.
- Create a volunteer team for our annual Day of Caring.
Focusing on financial stability, school readiness, and connected community, the United Way allocates resources to solution-oriented organizations and initiatives that address these issues at scale. We tackle systems and structures that cause discrepancies of equity and opportunity in Charlottesville and the surrounding area with the goal of reducing poverty in our community. For more information, visit www.unitedwaycville.org, or follow on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin, @UnitedWayCville.
We hope you enjoyed our 2020 annual report. Want more great content like this? Of course you do. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin @unitedwaycville!
YOUR IMPACT IS OUR IMPACT