Why United Way?
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The United Way of Greater Charlottesville connects our community, enabling individuals and families to achieve their potential.
A strong, equitable community where every person thrives.
Amidst what have been positive changes, many things remain the same; including our belief that we create a stronger, more vibrant community when people from all backgrounds come together to address our most pressing challenges. Serving a vibrant area that includes the City of Charlottesville and counties of Albemarle, Greene, Nelson, Louisa, and Fluvanna provides us with a wide lens This diversity allows for deep conversations and dialogues about the issues that affect our region as a whole and us as individual actors, and offers us spaces and vocabularies to tackle them head on. By engaging more community members, more often, in more diverse and culturally-responsive ways, we are better able to identify broad, sustainable solutions for some of these areas where our community has an opportunity to grow and evolve.
Our strength IS our community.
As we look ahead we have identified five pillars of action that will facilitate our success. They are:
- Strengthening impact areas and focusing on operational excellence to meet community need.
- Establishing United Way as a hub for community data collection around financial stability and school readiness.
- Changing organizational culture around Diversity, Equity and Inclusion internally and serving as a strong advocate
for equity in our community.
- Building and strengthening partnerships that support our equity framework and impact areas.
- Ensuring sustainable funding for our work, supported by effective communication with clients, funders, and the