Ways To Give Back
Our Volunteer Center can create customized volunteer opportunities for individuals, families, companies, and other groups, and we are happy to guide you on your volunteer journey. Contact us directly, or visit our CvilleVolunteer.org site, which lists ongoing, one-time, and emergency volunteer needs, and allows you to register your areas of interest to help you find the opportunity that’s right for you.
Our Giving Society includes 6 donor levels named to inspire our community by evoking a sense of pride in our history and recognition of the good works performed by generations past. Join our efforts with your financial gift today! We accept gifts in a variety of ways including the following:
- Mail checks to:
806 E. High St.
Charlottesville VA 22902
- Stocks and Securities
- Employer matched gifts
- Wills, estates, trusts made as a planned gift
- Automatic payroll deduction through your employer
- Online gifts: UnitedWayCville.org
For over 75 years, the United Way of Greater Charlottesville has convened people, companies, the University, foundations, social services, schools, and other organizations to work together to strengthen our community. There are many ways to get involved, including:
- Serve on a committee or board.
- Provide an Employer Matching Program to maximize the positive impact of your organization’s commitment to our community.
- Be a Sponsor of United Way events to get double the exposure with event advertising and promotions for popular and well-attended community activities.
- Create a volunteer team for our annual Day of Caring.